Wednesday 1 January 2014

♡ あけましておめでとう! ♡

みなさん、こんにちは!

Welcome to my first blog post of 2014! Did you all enjoy your Christmas, new year and other celebrations to whatever you celebrate for? For once; my family and myself have actually enjoyed a relaxing holiday! Normally we're running around getting everything ready for other family members to show up, eat the food and then disappear again but there was really none of that this year and it felt so so so good to do things at our own pace and just relax. My family only came over on the last Sunday before New Year so it was all good... lots of food consumed and lots of regrets afterwards as per usual! I was also surprised at how much I actually received present wise... I honestly was only expect like 3 or 4 small gifts so I actually cried at how generous my parents were. Now it's pretty obvious that it is the 1st of January and already I have seen many resolutions that people have been posting about and just... well I've decided against 'resolutions' but instead... well I suppose they are resolutions but they are goals that I shall officially conquer in the year 2014;

♡ Get my drivers license
♡ See every single Marvel film released this year in the cinema. If I have to seem them by myself like I did with Thor 2 then so be it.
♡ Travel into London at least once a month
♡ Post a blog at least once a week
♡ Take one of my cookbooks and make every.single.recipe in that goddamn book
♡ Start pen paling again and bring in box swapping as well

I only have a few goals because the less I have... the more inclined I actually am to do it if you get my drift. I'm not going to put "be this amount lighter" because losing weight is something I have been doing since halfway through last year and also putting "save this amount each month" is pretty pointless as well since that has been happening throughout the past year also. Plus the reasons why I am going in 2015 now is no ones business but my own so to the people who will probably read this and become all bitchy and snide about it... fuck off you don't know what's happening offline in my life.

Okay bitchy moment over I'll get onto the... ehhh I want to say good stuff but more or less it's just average stuff really. Like I said above it was a pretty chilled out Christmas for once which was rather handy as I had a disgusting cold that kept me in bed most of the Christmas period so I was pretty relieved not to have to act and be sociable with people. But before the cold happened I actually went to my work Christmas meal... I've been there four years (between university) and this was only the second time I had been because previously... well university got in the way but I'm glad I went because the place was divine and the food was absolutely delicious. I have to admit... not having a sweet pudding was a wise choice and I think my colleagues now officially know of my cheese addiction because after this I did receive a cheese basket that a parent had brought in for us (what we do is we bring all the presents together and then divide it up equally if that makes sense?) Cheese is good... cheese is amazing... sorry I do love cheese though.

So fast forward a couple of weeks as the meal was literally at the beginning of December and my baby girl Rachael came over to mine for the evening... our schedules are so crazy opposite that finding the time to chill out with each other is becoming so increasingly sparse so I think both of us jumped at the chance to spend time with each other. Like the losers we are, we headed over to KFC and picked up some grub there as we had promised to do so when one of our favourite k-pop groups VIXX had their first win and they DID have their first win so we celebrated (as like other Starlights probably did) with a feast of fried chicken! I hadn't eaten KFC for a good three years so I was pretty stoked to finally get some in my belly.

Oh and this girl... this sneaky so and so girl... had purchased me Jaejoong's 'WWW' album as a late birthday / early Christmas present and even though she had told me about it... it was just so overwhelming to have said album in my hands and seriously it is just one of the best albums ever. I honestly cannot stop listening to it that is how good it is.

And so after that wondeful night with Rachael, and as I only had a few more days of work before it closed for the holidays, literally the day after I had finished my last shift BAM... cold central for me for good week. Normally when I have a cold, I work through the bugger and keep on truckin' but this time I actually stayed in bed and just basically slept, ate toast, drank tea and caught up on all the anime / dramas I had fallen behind on without being bitched at for being lazy. It was a pretty sweet week actually if not strange that it was something I'm not used to doing. So anyway whilst most of my friends had their decorations and trees up (at what seemed) the earliest they could possibly put the stuff up without seeming weird... we on the other hand didn't decorate our tree until the Sunday before Christmas. I wasn't at my best at that point but it took my mind off being sick for a good hour.

Oh on actual Christmas day... I couldn't decide between matte red lipstick or a nude lipstick with a gloss over top so I asked on instagram / facebook which looked better and the matte red won! It's shocking actually but I'm glad and well... I like both bold and nude colours so either way I think I would have been happy;

Christmas for me just consisted of;

Oh and some really bad ass presents that I was not expecting as well as expecting... wow that hurt my brain a little bit;

And finally for New Years Eve... like heck I went out. I did that last year and I hated it so so so much that all I could think about was my nice, warm bed so this year my mam and I have a pizza and movie night as my poor daddy had to work ; n ; but he luckily came home early enough to watch the film with us!

Oh and on New Years Day (today!) my brother and his girlfriend popped over for lunch as everyone (except for mam and myself... yay for the childcare industry!) has work this evening... boo to them. But all in all I've had a pretty chill out end of the year. I still have a few days off work... or maybe even another week I have no clue it does depend on numbers but either way it means I can start sorting shit out you know? I've already made plans with Sharan to go and have dim sum and check out the rest of the sales so get in to already hitting one of my goals!

What 'goals' or 'resolutions' are you guys planning on hitting this year? Oh if you want to become my pen pal or do a box swap then just leave a comment and I'll be happy to talk details with you! Also my blog is turning 3 this year... how crazy is that? So basically to celebrate that I'm thinking of doing a giveaway of my favourite cosmetic / beauty products of 2013 and a couple of extra surprises... what do you think to that? Happy new year guys and I hope 2014 brings you all the joys and wonders life has to offer you ♡

Thanks for reading!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year! I don't often make resolutions but I'm going to try and make some achievable ones this year hehe^^ One of them is to buy less makeup and more skincare products~ unless of course I run out or am in dire need of new ones(:

    I hope that you have a good 2014, I'm looking forwards to you posting every week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Emily; Happy new year bb! Those are good resolutions... I should do that as well but NAH cosmetics are pretty much what keeps me going these days :'D

    I hope you have an amazing 2014 as well and I look forward to your posts too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be a penpal with you! I love writing people :D

    I agree, the whole weight thing is no one's business. I don't even bother getting my hopes up 'cause let's be serious I just like food and I don't really care anymore. I don't want to be sad my whole life because some assholes didn't like me 'cause I'm fat and I wanted to eat some cake but I didn't...hahaha...Idk what I'm rambling on about but it doesn't matter, there's no sense is worrying about weight IMO. If you reach your goals, good on you. If not, you're not any worse off than the other millions of people who didn't actually finish their New Year's resolutions haha.

    Speaking of food--Your food looks sooo good. Does sweet pudding mean like any dessert in the UK? I never understood what pudding really means.

    Also, come to Alaska, I will watch every Marvel film with you! Hahaha. You shouldn't have to see them alone, what's wrong with your friends?! Hahaha. I am the same way though, I will not let having no one to watch a movie with stop me! I can't wait for all the new Marvel films this year *-* oh my god and Sherlock! Sherlock is back on today! Hahahaha. This year should be awesome.

    I'm jelly of your Naked 1 palette. :) I still prefer that over the other 2. And also, I think nude lips make you look so much younger! Red is cute, but I think nude suits you more (maybe that's just the part of me who likes Korean cutsey look better speaking).

    They need to make KFC cute colonel buckets like the one you edited. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hime; yyyaaayyy gosh I'm so glad! I'd love to be your penpal too :D my email address is; imouto_kaza@hotmail.co.uk and we'll go from there? Remember to put a title otherwise I'll go "w a t"...

    TBH I have two sides to me... my internet persona and my real life persona and so so so many people look at my internet persona and immediately think that's what I'm like so the whole 'sticking my middle finger up' is just my way of saying 'lol fuck you all and stop pre-judging you ignorant fucks' excuse my language...

    Ahhh yes it does :D we do have savoury puddings as well for example 'steak and kidney pudding' but the majority of puddings are sweet XD most people do say desserts though but I've grown up in quite an old fashioned kind of house so I say 'pudding' more than 'dessert'!

    I'd love to come to Alaska *O* is it a very cold place may I ask? I love the cold more than anything so I'd probably fit right in if it was cold XD and most of my friends that like Marvel actually live the furthest away from me D: it sucks but hey it happens :( and I don't mind going on my own actually... it means that I don't have to wait around for people and just go when it suits me! And can I tell you a secret... I'm not into all that Sherlock at the moment D: loved the films with RDJ and Jude Law but somehow I couldn't get into the tv show :/ ahhh well everyone is different :'D

    Thank you >///< I feel ever so spoilt that I got BOTH palettes though at the prices oh my days D: but hey... that means I only have the 3rd one to get as that is most definitely the prettiest with all of those pinks *O* and do you really think so with the lip colours?! I've never noticed that with nudes making me look younger gosh >///<

    And they do :D they really do but hey that just means I can put more cute faces on him when I do decide to eat from there again :'D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete