Saturday 6 June 2015

♡ My Sweden Photo Diary ♡

みなさん、こんにちは!

I still haven't (really) finished editing all my photography from my holiday... my mother still hasn't seen any pictures... I am such a fail at getting shit done omg! I have decided though, that than rather writing a real lengthy blog post about what I did, where I visited etc, I would write the locations down with a tiny bit of info from wikipedia (because I can't remember anything information wise, only name wise) and let the photography speak for itself... simple right? So enjoy!

Gamla Stan
Gamla stan (The Old Town), until 1980 officially Staden mellan broarna (The Town between the Bridges), is the old town of Stockholm, Sweden. The word "stan" is simply a contraction of the word "staden" ("sta'n"), meaning "the town."



Odenplan, Hötorget & Birger Jarlsgatan 
Odenplan is a plaza located in the district Vasastaden in central Stockholm, Sweden, named after the old Norse god Odin. Hötorget (Haymarket) is a city square in the center of Stockholm. During the daytime it is the site of a fruit and vegetable market, except on Sundays, when flea markets are arranged. Birger Jarlsgatan is one of the longest streets in central Stockholm, Sweden. The street forms the border between Östermalm and the two neighbouring districts Norrmalm and Vasastaden.



Vasamuseet
The Vasa Museum (Swedish: Vasamuseet) is a maritime museum in Stockholm, Sweden. Located on the island of Djurgården, the museum displays the only almost fully intact 17th century ship that has ever been salvaged, the 64-gun warship Vasa that sank on her maiden voyage in 1628. More info about the Vasa warship here.



Skansen
Skansen is the first open-air museum and zoo in Sweden and is located on the island Djurgården in Stockholm, Sweden. It was founded in 1891 by Artur Hazelius to show the way of life in the different parts of Sweden before the industrial era.



Royal Palace & Kungsträdgårdsgatan
The Stockholm Palace or The Royal Palace (Swedish: Stockholms slott or Kungliga slottet) is the official residence and major royal palace of the Swedish monarch. Kungsträdgårdsgatan, is a street in Norrmalm in Stockholm, which runs along the eastern side of the Royal Garden.



Hagsätra & Årsta
Hagsätra is a quarter in Söderort, the southern part of Stockholm Municipality, Sweden. It borders with the quarters of Älvsjö, Örby and Rågsved in Stockholm, as well as Stuvsta in neighboring Huddinge Municipality. Årsta is a neighborhood in southern Stockholm in Stockholm Municipality, near Gullmarsplan.



Misc Photography
This section is just the pictures in between all the rest... food, purchases, random snaps really! I noticed that I didn't eat as much food as I would have liked to? OH well... I tried!!







Despite having one bad experience on my second day in Stockholm - an old lady came up to me in Monki, slapped my belly and said something in Swedish and judging by the horror on Christina's face and the other shoppers... it was really rude. Christina wouldn't tell me what she said and I'm kinda glad she didn't? Other than that, I adored Stockholm, everyone was super friendly and I felt so at home in such a wonderful city. I probably looked a little weird just staring at the buildings... but I can't help but have a fascination with architecture! I would, hand on my heart, recommend Stockholm to everyone! Next time, I'd love to travel a bit further out and even, maybe, go to Gothenburg and Örebro... but I already have my next travel destination for my next vacation so possibly another time in the near future I believe! ♡

Thanks for reading!
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Stockholm looks lovely! Heard of the Vasa museum. SWeden is definitely on my travel list <3
    www.saccharine-soul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ruxandra; it really was a beautiful city! Even though it didn't look like a city at some points... ahhhh I just loved it! And I really, honestly recommend it to you! But take quite a bit of money....... rather expensive in some areas!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stockholm looks like a beautiful city! Those ice cream pictures... yum! Need. Ice. cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shell; omg the ice-cream ;A; I miss the ice-cream! And pretty much all the food... it was cheaper at lunch time but super filling and massive portions as well!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I had no idea Sweden was so beautiful! I will have to make sure I go one day :)

    I'm glad the bad experience didn't put you off :)

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete