Sunday 3 January 2016

♡ My 2015 Highs & Lows ♡

みなさん、こんにちは!


2015 was a roller-coaster of a year for me, emotionally and physically wise. Despite that, I feel like that I have come out a little bit stronger, than what I felt like at the beginning of 2015, so that's a plus, right? Besides struggling with my demons and emotions, I experienced a lot of positivity in a few different forms.

Meeting my favourite band
Meeting your favourite band/actor/artist is any fangirl's dream, so upon hearing that LOST ASH would be coming to the UK for Hyper Japan... well, lets just so that a lot of screaming and uncontrollable crying was involved. Closer to the actual date though, nerves kicked in more that anything and there was even a point where I didn't want to meet them face to face because of said nerves but, I overcame them and managed to meet them twice AND see them perform live twice. A massive highlight was the members recognising me on the second day, even though it was thanks to my hair because how can you forget someone with platinum blonde w/ pastel pink and pastel purple hair huh?!

Meeting my favourite drag queen
As well as meeting my fave band, to top it off I met Phi Phi O'hara last October! I have, hand on my heart, loved Phi Phi for about two years now since I had a binge fest on RPDR and after finding out that she was coming to the UK for the first time ever, hello early birthday present to me! She is the sweetest person I could have met and as it was HER birthday on the day of the drag show, I managed to scrap together some presents and she was super, duper sweet about them *phew* but ahhh I want to go to more drag shows this year and see Phi Phi live again - if she ever comes back to the UK!

Travelling to Sweden
This was my first ever solo trip abroad, and technically only my third trip abroad but that's ok! I met my gorgeous friend Christina, whom I met on tumblr originally and then BAM! I was saying about needing a holiday and she said "Come to Sweden and stay with me!" and so I did! Best decision ever because I could do things on my own terms, without worrying about other people, and I experienced the glorious Stockholm in all its historical glory... and it's make-up stores whoops.

To put all my low points together - overspending in Stockholm so I was in a little bit of debt, was a stupid situation to be in but I certainly learnt my lesson there. I also lost an old, good friend from school because, well I realised that she wasn't actually good for me any more. She was a little bit poisonous and narrow minded so I had to be mean and cut ties off there. At first, it was awful but after a couple of weeks I slowly came around to it and now it's like, "... who?". A final, big low point was not being in control of my depression to the point where I contemplated quite a few things. It's bad, I know, and it took a while... a long, long, long while when I started to feel myself again, but I did overcome it and I'm glad that I did.

So there we have it. My highs and lows of 2015 and even though there were only a few, major highs over the year... I am rather soddin' proud of those highs! 2016 will bring some new adventures, especially many with my best friend and my closet friends, so bring it all on! Oh, and I hope you will enjoy reading along with me and my blog this year ♡

Thanks for reading
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Wasn't it scary travelling on your own? I wouldn't have been able to do that! I'm glad you had some good highs though <3

    I'm glad to hear about you cutting ties with toxic friends! I always have a problem doing this (because I'm a wimp).

    Here's to a good 2016! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm it was for sure! But once you get over the initial... "oh I'm here" feeling, ugh it was amazing and I'll gladly travel by myself again!
      And baby ;u; it is hard, honest. I guess I made it sound easy but it wasn't?! I believe in you ♡
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you overcame your depression, don't consider that a low, it's a huge achievement for you to still be here and stand strong!!
    You had some awesome highs for sure, let them outweigh anything bad and don't feel guilty about it :D :D

    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many people have had a rollercoaster of a year o_o it almost amazes me how many times I've seen those words repeated across blogs. Heyy I went to Hyper Japan too! It's very cool the kinds of bands they can get over for signings or performances. It's really impressive that you went travelling on your own and just took the initiative to just arrange it and go. I'm not sure if I could do that! O_O And I'm sorry to hear about your depression. Even though I don't know you at all or the details, I'm struggling with it myself and I can't help but empathise with anyone going through it. Wishing you a great 2016, A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a phrase that is overused, but it great at describing the situation omo! But you did? Did you go to the summer or winter one? I sadly couldn't do the winter HJ and I swear down, got withdrawal symptoms because of it >u> and if you ever need someone to talk to about depression and dealing with it, I'm hear to lend a ear! Thank you! I hope you have a great 2016 too!
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. I usually go to the normal (summer) one. In 2015 I ended up going to the Xmas market HJ too, even though it's the SAME THING >.< there is literally no difference. XD (Aw, that's sweet. ty.)

      Delete
    3. Yeah I agree about there not being much difference! There was when the Xmas market started and it's just sort of moulded into one now >u> which is a shame...
      xoxo

      Delete